This test allows you to shorten your self-isolation by up to 5 days if you test negative after returning to the UK from another country.
The PCR swab test itself is 100% sensitive in detecting the presence of the RNA of coronavirus and will pick up the presence of COVID-19 in your nose and throat.
To qualify for the Test to Release scheme, simply follow the steps below:
- Order this test before you are due to leave the UK and book your in-store appointment for the 5th day after your return to the UK.
- On the purchase confirmation page, follow the link to register your test with us and complete your registration.
- It is vital you register your test before attending your visit as the information is required for UK quarantine release and your appointment.
- You will then be given a unique code to reference when you fill out your UK government passenger locator form. This form can only be completed within 48 hours of your return trip.
- Attend your in-store appointment and we will conduct your test for you. Your test result will then be sent to you via email as soon as it is available (next day*) and if coronavirus is not detected, you can end your quarantine.
Please note that this test is in addition to the mandatory day 2 and 8 tests for all international arrivals (on sale here).
Order your Coronavirus PCR Test to Release test and book your appointment today.
Does this test qualify under the UK government's 'Test to Release' scheme?
Yes, we are on both the UK government's general testing providers' list and 'Test to Release' list. This means that we not only meet the standards required for coronavirus testing but can provide this test which is used to determine if international travellers returning to the UK qualify for a shortened 5-day quarantine period.
How do I book an appointment and which day must I select?
The day you arrive in the UK is regarded as your day 0 and five days later will be your day 5 appointment. Please remember to register your test before attending the appointment.
Do I need to do any preparation before I take my test?
Please make sure you don’t eat, drink, chew gum, smoke or brush your teeth at least 30 minutes before you take the mouth swab. Doing this can contaminate your sample which may result in it needing a retest and therefore, delay your result.
When will I receive my results?*
You should receive your test result the day after our lab has received your sample. However, in a small percentage of cases, a sample may require retesting if the result is found to be inconclusive. In the case a sample requires a retest then it will be processed the day after it was tested first time - with results delivered by that afternoon. It is vital you register your test before attending your visit as the information is required for UK quarantine release and not providing your details can cause delays.
For the full terms and conditions of our next day results test, please visit privatecoronavirustests.com/page/NDR-terms-conditions for more information.
Where are the in-store testing locations?
Many of our London Medical Laboratory clinics are open 7-days a week and are situated across London and Guildford. A full list of our locations can be found here.
Does buying this test impact the general supply of test kits?
No, we guarantee that any purchase of testing through us does not impact in any way on the ability of NHS workers or anyone else to get tested for coronavirus.