Please note this Day 2 test is for arrivals from Green List countries and exempt travellers only
Coronavirus PCR Swab Test - Day 2 Only - International Arrivals From Green List Countries
The testing you require when you arrive in the UK depends on where you have been in the 10 days before you arrive. Please see the latest government information for the red, amber and green list rules for entering England and also the UK government's rules for travelling to the UK.
If you are returning from countries on the green list you will not need to isolate in quarantine on your return. However you will still need to take a PCR test on or before Day 2 after you have arrived in England.
Also if you are in transit or have a job such as 'Regular work abroad' that exempts you from needing to quarantine then you can also purchase this Day 2 only test. Please see the government list of jobs that are exempt. You may need to show evidence of the work you will be doing at the UK border.
Please note that if you arrive from an amber list country and are vaccinated please purchase the Day 2 only test for vaccinated arrivals from amber list countries. Please note that if you arrive from an amber list country and are not vaccinated you still need to purchase a Day 2 & 8 test for arrivals from amber list countries.
This Covid-19 Day 2 Only Test gives you the option to have a kit posted to your home address, or for quicker results, you can complete your Day 2 test at one of our clinics, all conveniently located across London and the South East. Your arrival date is classed as day zero and you can take the test on day 0, 1 or 2.
The PCR swab test itself is 100% sensitive in detecting the presence of the RNA of coronavirus and will pick up the presence of COVID-19 in your nose and throat. You do not need to quarantine unless the test result is positive.
Prior to travel, please simply follow the steps below:
- You need to order and pay for this test before you are due to arrive in the UK. The day you arrive in the UK is your day 0 and you can conduct your Day 2 test on or before day 2.
- During checkout you will have a choice of free shipping, home visit phlebotomy, courier delivery or an in-store booking. If you choose in-store testing, you will need to book your Day 2 appointment on the system when you book.
- On the purchase confirmation page, you must follow the link to register your test with us and complete your registration. You will also receive a purchase confirmation email with the link to register your test.
- You will then be given a unique code to reference (e.g. LMLAB1234567) when you fill out your UK government passenger locator form before you arrive in the UK.
- It is vital you register your test before entering the UK as the information is required for UK border entry. Also if you do not register your test we are unable to process your test in the laboratory.
- If you do not receive your confirmation email after this booking, please check your spam or junk email before contacting us.
For further details on the booking process please read the additional information below. Please remember to register your test before entering the UK to obtain your LMLAB code.
How do I select the free shipping postal test?
Selecting the free shipping option will result in a kit containing the Day 2 test being posted to your chosen address. Please remember to register your test kit before entering the UK.
- Select the free shipping option during check out.
- When you select the free shipping option the booking system will ask you to choose which day you wish your test kit to be posted to you. We recommend you select the day before you arrive in the UK so your kit arrives on day 0 or Day 1. Please note that we do not post kits on weekends or bank holidays and there is no postal delivery on a Sunday. If you wish for a Monday delivery we recommend selecting Friday as the postal day.
- Please carefully read the swab-kit instructions letter before taking your test. You must accurately complete the Test Request Form included in the box and post the test to us on the day that you conduct the test.
- You need to take a COVID-19 PCR test on or before day 2 of your quarantine period. The day of your arrival in England is day 0.
- Your Day 2 test results will then be sent to you via email as soon as they are available (in 1 to 2 days after your test arrives at our laboratory).
How do I book an appointment and which days must I select?
The day you arrive in the UK is regarded as your day 0. Please note that you can conduct your Day 2 appointment on or before day 2 which means you can book your appointment on day 0, 1 or 2.
When you book the test at one of our sites you will be given the option to choose your Day 2 appointment date and time. Please remember to register your test kit before entering the UK.
- During checkout you will be provided with the option to choose your preferred location and book your Day 2 appointment date and time on our booking system.
- Visit our location at the appointment time you have chosen to have your swab taken.
- Your Day 2 test results will then be sent to you via email as soon as they are available (in 1 to 2 days after your appointment).
What happens if I test positive on my day 2 test?
The Day 2 Covid-19 test is to help identify any potential new variants of Covid-19 entering the UK. We are also required by the UK Government to send your Day 2 test for genomic sequencing if it is positive. You do not need to quarantine unless the test result is positive.
If you test positive on your Day 2 test, you must quarantine for a further 10 days beginning on the day the test was taken. You must also self-isolate if NHS Test & Trace informs you that you travelled to England with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
Please regularly check the UK quarantine rules: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/how-to-quarantine-when-you-arrive-in-england
When will I receive my results?
In-store test: You should receive your test result 1 to 2 days after you have been tested - typically within 1 day. The day 2 & 8 test does not guarantee next day results.
Postal test: You should receive your test result 1 to 2 days after your test arrives at our laboratory. The day 2 & 8 test does not guarantee next day results. Please do not rely on Royal Mail if you need your result in a specific timeframe. If you need a test in a specific timeframe please use a courier service or come in to be swabbed at one of our sites.
We are also required by the UK government to send your Day 2 test for genomic sequencing if your result is positive on your Day 2 test. For the full terms and conditions, please visit our Terms & Conditions and Refund Policy for more information.
Do I need to do any preparation before I take my test?
Please make sure you don’t eat, drink, chew gum, smoke or brush your teeth at least 30 minutes before you take the mouth swab. Doing this can contaminate your sample which may result in it needing a retest and therefore, delay your result.
Does buying this test impact the general supply of test kits?
No, we guarantee that any purchase of testing through us does not impact in any way on the ability of NHS workers or anyone else to get tested for coronavirus.