Postal, M25 courier and further in-store options coming soon
All international arrivals to England must quarantine for 10 days and are required to take a PCR test on day 2 and a second test on day 8 of their quarantine period.
This in-store service Covid-19 Test Package requires you to visit our branch (Putney, London only currently available) on day 2 and 8 of your period of mandatory quarantine. Your arrival date is classed as day zero. Please note you are allowed to leave your place of quarantine to travel to a testing centre for your Covid tests.
We are in the process of launching our postal and M25 courier service in the next few days.
Additionally, if you wish to shorten your quarantine you may opt into London Medical Laboratory’s 'Test To Release' scheme and submit an additional PCR sample on day 5. This can only be purchased in-store at the moment. Please note that your day 8 test is still required even if you opt into the 'Test to Release' scheme.
The PCR swab test itself is 100% sensitive in detecting the presence of the RNA of coronavirus and will pick up the presence of COVID-19 in your nose and throat.
Prior to travel, please simply follow the steps below:
- Order and pay for this test before you are due to arrive in the UK.
- You will need to book your day 2 appointment on the system when you book. The day you arrive in the UK is your day 0 and you can conduct your day 2 appointment on or before day 2.
- On the purchase confirmation page, follow the link to register your test with us and complete your registration. You will also receive a purchase confirmation email with the link to register your test.
- You will then be given a unique code to reference (e.g. LMLAB1234567) when you fill out your UK government passenger locator form before you arrive in the UK.
- It is vital you register your test before entering the UK as the information is required for UK border entry and your appointment.
- Visit our branch on day 2 to have your swab taken.
- During your appointment on day 2 you will be able to choose your time for your day 8 appointment.
- Your day 2 test results will then be sent to you via email as soon as they are available (in 1 to 2 days after your appointment)
- Visit our branch on day 8 to have your swab taken.
- Your day 8 test results will then be sent to you via email as soon as they are available (in 1 to 2 days after your appointment)
- On day 10 your quarantine is over unless you have used our 'Test To Release' scheme (which needs to be purchased separately) or have tested positive in either of your tests.
- If you do not receive your confirmation email after this booking, please check your spam or junk email before contacting us.
Please note that the system will only allow you to book your day 2 appointment. You will be provided with day 8 booking options during your day 2 appointment. Both tests and appointment visits are included in the price.
Can I leave my quarantine location to complete my Covid-19 tests?
Yes, you are allowed to leave your place of quarantine but only to conduct your Covid-19 day 2 & day 8 or day 5 'Test to Release' tests.
How do I book an appointment and which days must I select?
The day you arrive in the UK is regarded as your day 0 and you must book your appointment for two days later which will be your day 2 appointment. When you book the test our our site it will only give you the option to book your day 2 appointment. Your day 8 test time will be confirmed when you visit our branch for the day 2 test. The price for both tests is included in the price you pay. Please remember to register your test before entering the UK.
What happens if I test positive on my day 2 and/or day 8 test?
The day 2 Covid-19 is to help identify any potential new variants of Covid-19 entering the UK. We are also required by the UK Government to send your day 2 test for genomic sequencing. If you test positive on your day 2 test, you must quarantine for a further 10 days beginning on the day the test was taken.
If you test positive on your day 2 test, you do not need to take the day 8 test. You also cannot opt into London Medical Laboratory’s 'Test To Release' scheme. Please note that we are unable to refund you if you do not complete your day 8 test.
If you test positive on or after day 8, you will need to continue to quarantine until day 19.
Can I reduce my length of quarantine?
If you have arrived from a UK government non ‘red list’ country, you can shorten your quarantine if you receive a negative test result on or after day 5 through London Medical Laboratory’s 'Test To Release' scheme. We are a government-approved provider for the Test to Release for International Travel scheme.
Even if you have reduced your quarantine, you must still complete your day 8 test.
When will I receive my results?
You should receive your test result 1 to 2 days after you have been tested - typically within 1 day. The day 2 & 8 test does not guarantee next day results.
We are also required by the UK government to send your day 2 test for genomic sequencing if your result is positive on your day 2 test. For the full terms and conditions, please visit privatecoronavirustests.com/page/NDR-terms-conditions for more information.
Do I need to do any preparation before I take my test?
Please make sure you don’t eat, drink, chew gum, smoke or brush your teeth at least 30 minutes before you take the mouth swab. Doing this can contaminate your sample which may result in it needing a retest and therefore, delay your result.
Does buying this test impact the general supply of test kits?
No, we guarantee that any purchase of testing through us does not impact in any way on the ability of NHS workers or anyone else to get tested for coronavirus.