Please note this Day 2 PCR Test is for fully vaccinated arrivals only
Coronavirus PCR Swab Test - Day 2 Only - Fully Vaccinated International Arrivals
The testing you require when you arrive in England depends on where you have been in the 10 days before you arrive. Please see the latest government information for the rules on travel to England from another country during coronavirus (COVID-19).
- This test is for international arrivals who are fully vaccinated and are arriving in England from countries that are not on the red list
- You will need to take this PCR test on or before Day 2 after your arrival in England
- You will not need to isolate in quarantine on your return unless this test is positive
From 04:00 on Monday 4th October 2021, you will qualify as fully vaccinated if you are vaccinated either:
- under an approved vaccination programme in the UK, Europe, USA or UK vaccine programme overseas
- with a full course of the Oxford/AstraZeneca, Pfizer BioNTech, Moderna or Janssen vaccines from a relevant public health body in Australia, Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Bahrain, Brunei, Canada, Dominica, Israel, Japan, Kuwait, Malaysia, New Zealand, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan or the United Arab Emirates (UAE)
You must have had a complete course of an approved vaccine at least 14 days before you arrive in England.
If you qualify as fully vaccinated you must:
- book and pay for this Day 2 COVID-19 test before you travel – to be taken after your arrival in England
- complete your passenger locator form – any time in the 48 hours before you arrive in England
- take a COVID-19 test on or before day 2 after you arrive in England
Under the new rules, you will not need to:
- take a pre-departure test
- take a day 8 COVID-19 test
- quarantine at home or in the place you are staying for 10 days after you arrive in England
If you are not fully vaccinated you must book a Day 2 and Day 8 testing package
Children aged 5 to 18 will need to do a Day 2 PCR. Children aged 4 and under will continue to be exempt from any travel testing.
How does this Day 2 PCR test work?
This Covid-19 Day 2 Test gives you the option to have a kit posted to your home address, or for quicker results, you can complete your Day 2 test at one of our stores, all conveniently located across London and the South East. Your arrival date is classed as day zero and you can take the test on day 0, 1 or 2.
The PCR swab test itself is 100% sensitive in detecting the presence of the RNA of coronavirus and will pick up the presence of COVID-19 in your nose. You do not need to quarantine unless the test result is positive.
Prior to travel, please simply follow the steps below:
- You need to order and pay for this test before you are due to arrive in the UK. The day you arrive in the UK is your day 0 and you can conduct your Day 2 test on or before day 2.
- During checkout you will have a choice of free shipping, home visit phlebotomy, courier delivery or an in-store booking. If you choose in-store testing, you will need to book your Day 2 appointment before you purchase the test.
- On the purchase confirmation page, you must follow the link to register your test with us and complete your registration. You will also receive a purchase confirmation email with the link to register your test.
- You will then be given a unique code (e.g. LMLAB1234567) to use when you fill out your UK government passenger locator form before you arrive in the UK.
- It is vital you register your test before entering the UK as the information is required for UK border entry. Also if you do not register your test we are unable to process your test in the laboratory.
- If you do not receive your confirmation email after this booking, please check your spam or junk email before contacting us.
For further details on the booking process please read the additional information below.
Please remember to register your test before entering the UK to obtain your LMLAB code.
How do I select the free shipping postal test?
Selecting the free shipping option will result in a kit containing the Day 2 test being posted to your chosen address. Please remember to register your test kit before entering the UK.
- Select the free shipping option during check out.
- When you select the free shipping option the booking system will ask you to choose which day you wish your test kit to be posted to you. Please note that we do not post kits on weekends or bank holidays and there is no postal delivery on a Sunday. We provide a Royal Mail Next Day service but please allow for potential postal delays.
- Please carefully read the swab-kit instructions letter before taking your test. You must accurately complete the Test Request Form included in the box and post the test to us on the day that you conduct the test.
- You need to take a COVID-19 PCR test on or before day 2 after your arrival in England. The day of your arrival in England is day 0.
- Your Day 2 test results will then be sent to you via email as soon as they are available (in 1 to 2 days after your test arrives at our laboratory).
How do I book an appointment and which day must I select?
The day you arrive in England is regarded as your day 0. Please note that you can conduct your Day 2 appointment on or before day 2 which means you can book your appointment on day 0, 1 or 2.
When you book the test at one of our sites you will be given the option to choose your appointment date and time. Please remember to register your test kit before entering the UK.
- During checkout you will be provided with the option to choose your preferred location and book your Day 2 appointment date and time on our booking system (for a small additional fee).
- Visit our location at the appointment time you have chosen to have your swab taken.
- Your Day 2 test results will then be sent to you via email as soon as they are available (in 1 to 2 days after your appointment).
What happens if I test positive on my day 2 test?
The Day 2 Covid-19 test is to help identify any potential new variants of Covid-19 entering the UK. We are also required by the UK Government to send your Day 2 test for genomic sequencing if it is positive. You do not need to quarantine unless the test result is positive.
If you test positive on your Day 2 test, you must quarantine for a further 10 days beginning on the day the test was taken. You must also self-isolate if NHS Test & Trace informs you that you travelled to England with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
Please regularly check the UK quarantine rules: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/how-to-quarantine-when-you-arrive-in-england
When will I receive my results?
In-store test: You should receive your test result 1 to 2 days after you have been tested - typically within 1 day. The day 2 & 8 test does not guarantee next day results.
Postal test: You should receive your test result 1 to 2 days after your test arrives at our laboratory. The day 2 & 8 test does not guarantee next day results. Please do not rely on Royal Mail if you need your result in a specific timeframe. If you need a test in a specific timeframe please use a courier service or come in to be swabbed at one of our locations.
We are also required by the UK government to send your Day 2 test for genomic sequencing if your result is positive on your Day 2 test. For the full terms and conditions, please visit our Terms & Conditions and Refund Policy for more information.
Does buying this test impact the general supply of test kits?
No, we guarantee that any purchase of testing through us does not impact in any way on the ability of NHS workers or anyone else to get tested for coronavirus.