Covid-19 PCR Swab Test - Back To School
Find out whether your child has coronavirus with our Covid-19 PCR Back To School Swab Test.
Whether your child has been sent home and asked to take a test, or you’re just curious whether their current symptoms are more than a cold, then get peace of mind with our PCR test.
The test detects the presence of the RNA of the virus itself. This means that it will pick up the presence of the actual virus in the nose and throat, and is 100% sensitive at detecting any trace of the virus.
You can have your child complete the Coronavirus PCR Swab Test in three ways:
1. At-home—Have the testing kit delivered to you where your child can have their sample taken and return it to our lab via a supplied Royal Mail 1st Class envelope.
2. In-store—Our friendly medical team will test your child at your nearest available London Medical Laboratory clinic at a date and time that suits you, for an additional fee.
3. Via courier—If you are within the M25, then have one of our mobile medics visit your home to take the sample for an additional fee. You can then either return your child’s sample to our lab via a supplied Royal Mail 1st Class envelope, or the mobile medic can return it on the spot for quicker delivery at an added cost.
To get tested, purchase your PCR Swab Test today and select the type of testing and delivery you need at checkout.
Is there a minimum age required to take a coronavirus PCR Swab Test?
As the test only consists of a nasal and mouth swab, it is safe to use on most ages. However, the younger the child, the more uncomfortable they may feel about receiving a nasal and mouth swab as it can feel invasive. So long as your child is comfortable with this process, then they are welcome to complete a PCR Swab Test.
Where are the in-store testing locations?
Many of our London Medical Laboratory clinics are open 7-days a week and are situated across London and Guildford. A full list of our locations can be found here.
Does my child need to do any preparation before they take the test?
Please make sure you don’t eat, drink, chew gum or brush your teeth at least 20 minutes before you take the mouth and nasal swab test. Doing this can contaminate your sample, which may result in it needing a retest and therefore, delaying your result.
How and when will I receive my child’s results?
As soon as your child’s sample is tested, we will email you a certificate with the results.
We will test the sample the day after it has arrived at our lab, with your child’s results delivered the day of testing—usually by that evening.
Will the PCR Swab Test show if my child has had coronavirus before or if they are currently infectious?
No, if you are looking to find out if your child has already contracted coronavirus in the past and has developed antibodies, then please order our Coronavirus IgG Antibody Home Test Kit.
However, if you would like to know if your child is currently infectious with coronavirus to others, then please order our Coronavirus Rapid 15 Minute Antigen Test.
Does buying this test impact the general supply of test kits?
No, we guarantee that any purchase of testing through us does not impact in any way on the ability of NHS workers or anyone else to get tested for coronavirus.
Is there an NHS discount?
Yes, for any NHS staff we are offering the test at less than cost to us. Please email email@example.com for more information.
Testing kit contents
Your testing kit will include:
- An introduction letter and instruction manual
- A test request form
- A swab in a sample collection tube
- A biohazard plastic bag
- A prepaid return envelope